O’BRIEN COUNTY BURN BAN WILL BE LIFTED AT 5:00 P.M. 10/20/2020
Section 69.10: Snow Removal and Winter Parking.
- No person shall park, abandon, or leave unattended any vehicle on any public street, alley, or City-owned off-street parking area during snow removal operations unless the snow has been removed or plowed from said street, alley, or parking area and the snow has ceased to fall.
- No owner or operator of any motor vehicle shall park or permit to be parked a motor vehicle on any street from November 1st through April 30th of the following year between the hours of 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. Any vehicles in violation could be subject to a fine of $15.00.
Just a reminder!
Sutherland’s Code of Ordinances Chapter 136, #136.03 states:
It is the responsibility of the abutting property owners to remove snow, ice and accumulations promptly from sidewalks. If a property owner does not remove snow, ice or accumulations within a reasonable time, the City may do so and assess the costs against the property owner for collection in the same manner as a property tax.
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 364.12[2b & e])
The City of Sutherland will be accepting bids for a farm ground lease at the Industrial Park. This will be a 2 year lease only. The City has 19.50 acres +/- of crop ground available. The City will hold the right to any further expansion of the Industrial Park and the city will compensate for lost inputs. Rent would be due by May 4th in one payment, each year. The lease begins March 1, 2021 and would be terminated on February 28, 2023. These terms may be subject to change. Bids must be submitted to the City Clerk in a sealed envelope at City Hall, 110 Ash St, by no later than December 3, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Bids will be opened at the regularly scheduled City Council Meeting on December 7, 2020 at 7 p.m. Please contact City Hall at 712-446-2243 with any questions
CITY OF SUTHERLAND
TRICK OR TREATING RECOMMENDATIONS
- Trick or Treating will be left up to the resident’s discretion. Houses wanting to participate should turn on their outdoor lights.
- Keep family/children in a group and do not mix/mingle with other children/families. Maintain a 6-foot distance if waiting to approach a house.
- Candy should be handed out, not presented in a container for children to put their hands in. Alternatively, participating households could set out individualized plastic or brown paper bags for children to take individually.
- Masks/face coverings should be worn when approaching houses to accept candy being handed out and should be worn by those handing out candy, or when within 6 feet of those outside your family/social circle.
Library opening June 2
Hours will be as follows
Saturday 9:00 – 11:00
(shortened hours for patrons to allow for staff to do cleaning)
Curbside will still be available
We will do our best to provide a clean and welcoming environment for people of all ages, while at the same time following social distancing and mitigation practices.
THE O’BRIEN COUNTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE IS UPDATING THE PHOTOS IN THEIR RESIDENTAL RECORDS. THERE WILL BE A COUNTY CAR DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE STREETS TAKING PHOTOS. THEY WILL BE IN SUTHERLAND LATER THIS WEEK AND POSSIBLY NEXT WEEK.
Due to Covid-19 the May 4, 2020 Council Meeting will be conducted electronically at 7:00 pm. The public can attend the meeting on a computer via https://zoom.us/, download the Zoom app, or call to participate via telephone: 1-312-626-6799. You will need the Meeting ID: 886 2489 0421 and Password: 928076.
The Sutherland Consumer Confidence Report for the Sutherland Water Supply will not be mailed. It will be published in the O’Brien County’s Bell-Times Courier May 7th. The report can be found at the Gen N.B. Baker Library, Sutherland Post Office, City website at www.sutherlandiowa.com or copies are available at City Hall upon request.